The Introduction to the Biomes Curriculum–Primary begins biome studies by looking at the fundamental parts of a biome: energy from the Sun, soil, air, water, plants, and animals. Each part is explored with nomenclature, hands-on activities, movement, drama, and art. Introduction to the Biome Cards provide a first lesson on the eight different biomes used throughout the Waseca Biomes Curriculum: Temperate Forest, Tropical Forest, Wetlands, Grasslands, Mountains, Deserts, Polar Regions, and Ocean. Masters to make booklets for children to label and color and masters for additional teacher-made materials are available for download in the A–Z PDF library. (3 to 6 years)
- The Waseca Biomes Curriculum Guide
- Introduction to Biomes–Parts of a Biome Three-Part Cards
- Introduction to Biomes–The Biomes Three-Part Cards
- Living or Nonliving Labels*
- Herbivore, Carnivore, or Omnivore Labels*
- Biome Picture Sort Labels*
*If you purchased your Introduction to the Biomes with Curriculum–Primary prior to May 2018, hard copies of these items were not included. Label blacklines are available for download in our A–Z PDF Library.