Build the Tree of Life from the kingdoms through phyla, classes, and species! This material teaches the classification of living things and illustrates the incredible diversity of life on Earth. Start building at the trunk, branching off with the first unicellular life in the Kingdom Monera; then, explore Kingdom Protista’s more complex single cells. Continue on to the multicellular life forms of Kingdom Fungi before exploring the Plantae and Animalia Kingdoms. Animals are explored from phylum to class. Chordates are further explored through their orders. Fact File Cards explain each classification’s attributes and provide information about each specimen illustrated on a leaf. Research masters for individualized study can be downloaded from our A–Z PDF library. (6 to 12 years)
- Tree of Life Mat (vinyl mat measures48x 36") with bungee
- 20 wooden tree parts (trunk and branches with classifications)
- 69 different illustrated wooden specimen leaves
- 108 Fact File Cards with wooden storage box
- Lidded wooden box with compartments for storage
*please contact us if you need to purchase any of these pieces separately.